Uniden is releasing 2 new models in January 2014. Above pictured is their new flagship scanner. The Uniden BCD536HP mobile/desktop digital scanner. The BCD536HP features the following:
- 4 Gigabyte microSD card holds the entire USA and Canada database of radio systems, plus leaves room for hundreds of hours of audio recording.
- Programmable Alert LED lets you set a specific color to alert you when a channel becomes active.
- TrunkTracker V with support for APCO Project 25 Phase I and Phase II, X2-TDMA, Motorola, EDACS, and LTR Trunked Radio Systems
- Quick Key access to 100 Favorites Lists, 100 Systems per Favorites List, and 100 Departments per System.
- Discovery Modes help you find new channels on trunked systems and frequency ranges.
- Analysis Modes include Band Scope, RF Power Plot, Trunked System Analysis, and EDACS/LTR LCN Finder.
- Flexible Easy Channel Selection using Zip Code or GPS and Service Types — just pick the kinds of channels you want to hear and tell the BCD536HP where you are and let it do the rest.
- Easy Scan Control using the dedicated System, Department and Channel Hold buttons.
- Complete Front-Panel Programmability — create custom Favorites Lists either using systems from the main database as a starting point or program your systems from scratch.
- Temporary Avoid lets you quickly silence unwanted systems, departments, or channels while allowing you to restore them by cycling power.
- Backlight-on-Squelch option allows the backlight to remain on during an entire transmission.
- Date/Time indication on display with time stamping for recordings.
- Trunked and Conventional Channel Priority with Priority Do-Not-Disturb
- Close Call® RF Capture with Do-Not-Disturb automatically tunes the scanner to nearby transmissions without interrupting reception in progress.
- NOAA Weather Alert with SAME
- Two-Tone Paging with up to 32 tone slots
- Flexible Scanning — scan from any combination of the main database and Favorites Lists
- Included Sentinel Software makes database and firmware updates simple. Also allows you to create, edit, and manage your Favorites Lists.
- USB PC Connectivity
- Serial GPS input for location-based scanning useing the Uniden GC-GPSK or other compatible GPS receiver.
- 64 x 288-Pixel Dot-Matrix Display
- Backlit Display and Keypad
- WiFi connnectivity to allow you to listen to and control your scanner using your smartphone or tablet anywhere in your home, vehicle or around the world.
A link to the BCD536HP in action can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so5AkaFjZwY
Other related videos can be found at https://www.youtube.com/user/UnidenUpman/videos
Current discussion on this scanner can be found at RadioReference.com More information is available at http://info.uniden.com/NewScanners including the Uniden launch video, pdf of the owners manual, and a link to download the Sentinel software to start playing with.
Keep checking back here as I hope to do a full review of the unit when I am able to get my hands on one! Check out the YouTube page for previous reviews and first looks https://www.youtube.com/user/monitoringreviews/videos